Special Needs Planning
Ensuring the wellbeing of loved ones is an ever-present goal of wealth management, but providing for individuals with special needs requires a little more attention. With Special Needs Planning, we can help ensure that a loved one with a physical, behavioral or intellectual challenge has the opportunity to live his or her best life. At Buckingham, we will work with you to design a comprehensive approach that incorporates financial, resource, legal and life planning for these individuals.
What you may be thinking:
- What steps can I take to ensure that my hopes for my loved one’s future will become reality?
- Who will serve as their advocate and caregiver if I am unable to do so?
- How do I ensure they will continue to receive their government benefits?
- What legal actions should we take, including determining the need to establish a Special Needs Trust?
- How do I create a team of specialists that will be able to address future healthcare, vocational, communication, psychological and personal assistance needs?
At Buckingham, we have guided many clients through the process of creating a plan that will help safeguard the future of individuals with special needs. Our approach is to have meaningful conversations intended to help you clarify your thoughts and discuss opportunities than can help you better define your goals. It can be a complicated process, but starting with your areas of concern, and learning the preferences of both you and your loved one, we can address things like leveraging federal and state government benefits, creating a letter of intent and helping you build a team of resources to assist them now and in the future.
How Buckingham Helps
This is a spacer
Meet some of our best minds in Special Needs Planning.
See our latest thoughts and insights on Special Needs Planning.
May 04, 2020
Charitable Giving Opportunities Under the 2020 CARES Act
Here are some examples of how changes under the new law may be applied in 2020.Read the article
August 27, 2020
Income Planning and IRMAA in Retirement
Health care will likely be one of your biggest expenses in retirement, so it’s worth unpacking some Medicare basics and exploring ways to cost-effectively navigate coverage options, IRMAA, and income planning decisions.Read the article
May 15, 2018
The Financial Perils of Old Age
Larry Swedroe unpacks a resource to help investors navigate the many financial aspects of elder and long-term care.Read the article